Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Review: Marie Callender's Crock Pot Classics - Chicken and Dumplings


So, we bought this (and another crock pot frozen dinner) at the HEB two weeks ago ... and Rob has been wanting to try it, so tonight, I popped it into the crock pot. The directions were fairly straightforward, if not more complicated than I like my crock-pot recipes to be. (I prefer: "Dump all ingredients into pot. Cook for specified amount of time. Enjoy.")
COST: $7.49 - HEB

THE RESULTS:


The taste? It was good! I'm not sure what I was expecting, really ... maybe a thick, stew-like texture. It came out more like soup (although it thickened up nicely in the fridge), but the taste was very good. Just the right amount of chicken, veggies, and broth. It was a little on the salty side, but that's to be expected with any pre-prepared food. I served it with generic Walmart crescent rolls that I baked on the baking stone.

There was plenty for a second meal, too (and it is now hibernating joyfully in my fridge.)

Overall, we give it two thumbs up!

No comments: