Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Baked Tuna Rangoon


No, I didn't mistype. Yes, I really tried making "Tuna Rangoon". I got the recipe idea from a baked crab rangoon recipe on my friend Clara's blog. A little tweaking, a little creativity, and you know, it wasn't too bad! Rob liked it - probably a B+ ranking ... I would eat it again. Maybe a B- from me. But ... a good use of that 4.5 lbs of tuna. Only 4 lbs still to go!!

COST: $1.16
Wonton Wrappers: $0.03 ea x 12 = $0.36
4 oz Neufchatel: $0.50
FF Miracle Whip: approx $0.15
Tuna: Free (gift from "friends")
Onion: approx $0.10
Spices: approx $0.05


INGREDIENTS:
12 Wonton Wrappers
4 oz Neufchatel Cheese, softened
1/4 Cup Fat Free Miracle Whip
1 Can chunk light tuna (drained)
1/8 cup diced onion
Salt & Pepper to taste
Paprika to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. While preheating, spray mini-muffin tin (I used regular size, was a mistake) with Pam. Line each cup with wonton wrapper. Mix together Neufchatel, Miracle Whip, Tuna, Onion, and spices. Fill each wonton wrapper with an equal amount of mixture.

Bake at 350 until filling is golden brown - about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

CB said...

w00t w00t! I got a shoutout! teehee. simply pleausures :)

April said...

I am dying on the "tuna watch" here. I can't wait to see every day how much you have left. LOL :)