Thursday, October 25, 2007

Microwave Meatloaf


I love my job, but I like having the night off even more. So, when Rob decided he wanted meatloaf for dinner, I was all about that. This recipe is one my mom used to make all the time. In fact, I've never eaten an oven-baked meatloaf. Never. I liked it (although the flavor was off a little from mom's), but Rob LOVED it. Hope you like it, too ... enjoy!!


COST: $3.44
Ground Turkey: $2.19
Bread: $0.10
Eggs: $0.20
Onion: $0.10
Mustard/Ketchup: $0.10
Spices: $0.05
Creamed Corn: $0.55
Mashed Potatoes (from box): $0.25

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground meat (I used turkey)
4 slices bread, torn into small pieces
2 eggs
1 slice onion, diced
Mustard to taste
Ketchup to taste (at least 2x the amount of mustard)
Salt & Pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all ingredients by hand in bowl until moist, but firm. Place into glass loaf pan and cover with wax paper. Bake in microwave on medium-high for 16-17 minutes. Allow to rest 4 minutes prior to serving.

No comments: