Friday, January 11, 2008

"Sunday Morning" Pot Roast



This is one of the easiest meals in my repetoire. Right up there with crockpot fajita chicken. And SO tasty. Rob took the pictures on this meal, and I'm so impressed - you know how hard it is to make pot roast look good?

COST: $12.24
Beef roast - $9.00
Potatoes - $0.50
Carrots - $0.36
Mushrooms - $1.99
Onion - $0.38
Wondra - $0.01

I know, I went WAY over budget on this meal, but keep in mind that this makes about a week's worth of leftovers (this was a GIANT roast). I am excusing myself in this regard.

INGREDIENTS:

3 lb Chuck Roast
4 medium-size potatoes, peeled
4 carrots, peeled and cut in half
1 box button mushrooms, cleaned
1/2 large sweet onion
Wondra


DIRECTIONS:

Put all ingredients into roasting pan. (I usually put the roast on the bottom, surrounded by the potatoes, with the carrots and mushrooms next, then the onion on top of the meat to provide a little flavor). Place in preheated 325 degree oven and allow to cook for about 3 hours.

Remove from oven, remove all ingredients from pan, leaving the pan drippings. Put pan on stovetop and turn heat on high. Whisk in wondra until desired gravy consistency is reached. Serve while still hot. Enjoy!

No comments: