Friday, November 30, 2007

O, Christmas Tree!

So ... every year my Christmas tree looks pretty much the same. And that's okay with me, because I like the way it looks.



What you see here is the corner of my living room (complete with ugly 15-year-old carpet ... please ignore that part). In the background, you can see our record collection and part of the entertainment center (which is also decorated for the holidays).

My thing with Christmas is that, unless the decoration holds special meaning, everything has to be one or more of the following colors: Christmas red, Christmas green, white, or silver. As you can see, I've done fairly well at sticking to that (although I do have a couple of ornaments with a little blue on them). I don't know when or why I developed that opinion, I guess it's just a desire to return to a basic Christmas style - no mauve, olive, or purple for me, thanks.

Oh, and Cat likes the Christmas tree, too:

4 comments:

CB said...

oooh i see one present (besides Cat of course!) What is it?? Tell me tell me! :)

Lorena Sims said...

It's a birthday gift from one of Rob's grandmothers. I don't know what it is (yet), but we're supposed to open it before we come home for Christ-giving!

Alanna said...

Aw, I <3 Cat!!! My little Chloe likes to sleep under the tree too. :)

Anonymous said...

It was an extra bowl for Lorena's 6 Quart "Battlestar Galactica Edition" Kitchen Aid Mixer! It is perhaps one of the most useful (tangible) Christmas gifts we've been given for our combined birthdays this year! No complaints here!