Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crockpot Ribs



So, we completely failed at following our "menu" last week. It was a good idea, but it doesn't really work for us because of my schedule. So, we're changing it up a bit. I've got my list of 25 meals (or so). I'm going to type it up, put it on the fridge, and we'll just pick 4 or 5 every week until they've all been used. This meal was one I was planning on serving last week. But that didn't happen, so we had it yesterday.

I got the recipe from Jen, one of my friends. I don't think I have a single recipe that is easier or tastes better than this one. On a grading scale, Rob gave this one an A+++++ ... and I loved it too. The meat was fall-off-the-bone tender, the BBQ sauce tasted delicious ... there's nothing I would change about the taste. I think for more than two people (or for the leftovers) I'll probably double the amount of meat next time.


COST: $3.24
Beef Ribs - $3.19 (2.1 lbs @ $2.99/lb)
BBQ Sauce - FREE (someone gifted us with BBQ sauce last year. We are still trying to use it up!)
Brown Sugar - $0.05

INGREDIENTS:
2 lbs of beef ribs
1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce (your choice of brands)
1/4 cup of brown sugar

DIRECTIONS:
Place thawed beef ribs in bottom of crockpot. Pour 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce over ribs. Sprinkle with brown sugar on top. Place lid on crockpot, turn on low for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

CB said...

Man! that looks tasty! Definitely need to jank for my blog! and um... really... someone gave you bbq sauce for wedding gift? wow. very unique. ;)

Jen said...

So glad you liked the recipe!! :)